Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Books
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:10:07 -0000

Bob, thanks for the book reference, one I must get.

I have a book of James Ravilious's photographs. "A corner of England"
North Devon landscapes and people. (Reprint 1996, Devon Books,
ISBN 0-86114-897-5). Again the pictures were taken with older lenses and
are very beautiful showing a way of life that is fast disappearing. Most are
black and white with a few in colour. Two of my favourites are a flock of geese
on the brow of a hill and an approching storm. Another book is "Down Devon's
deep lanes" (Beacham, P. Ravilious, J. ISBN: 1855227436, Devon Books).

A Google www.google.com search for "James Ravilious" gives many
references to publications where James's photographs of country life and
ways have been used for illustrations.

Bob Parsons bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk