Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Books
From: Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:27:15 +0000

Hi,

[...]

> BTW, I don't understand why you would collect books based on the tool that
> produeced them, rather than the substance that has been produced.  It's like
> only eating cake made with a Bamix.  It doesn't make sense (IMHO).

[...]

The pictures in James Ravilious' book "An English Eye" (1998, ISBN
1-85522-628-6) were taken almost exclusively with a Leica M3 and older
lenses. The book includes a longish section (5 pages) on his tools and
techniques, and demonstrate how using the M3 + VIOOH or Imarect, with
uncoated Elmars and Hektors, in conjunction with the Zone System, help
him to get precisely the effects he wants. His prints are very even and
smooth in tone, very well suited to his subject, the Devon countryside
and how people live there. It's a very, very beautiful book, little
known.

- ---

 Bob

mailto:bob@web-options.com