Subject: [Leica] Photodo ratings for 35mm Summilux -MASPH and 50mm Summilux-M
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:47:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I'm not a great fan of lens testing but I like to have a quick look at
test results before I buy a lens, just in case! I was quite surprised
to see that Photodo - link
http://www.photodo.com/prod/lens/leicam.shtml#LeicaM - rates the 35mm
Summilux ASPH as the worst M lens they have ever tested, with an
overall rating of only 3.8. In contrast, the 50mm Summilux-M, which I
know is quite an old design, is rated at 4.2. It was my impression,
from reading the archive, that the 35mm Summilux ASPH was considered by
most people to be a star lens. So, is Photodo off the mark here or is
the 50mm Summilux really all that much better than the 35mm?

Regards,

=====
Ray