Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:52:59 -0700

>.....However, it's a time like this with hundreds of slides on a light
>table from
>various manufacturers lenses for comparison that one can appreciate what
>Leica glass does.
>ted
>
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted,

So true. I'd heard about this, but never really experienced it before.

Years ago, when I did commercial photography right out of college, I was
one of the Nikon users. I told myself that Leica's were economically out of
reach. I sometimes use an SL today that was probably the same model I would
have purchased way back in the 70's. I've gone through dozens of cameras in
between. Think of the money -- and heartaches -- I'd have saved if I'd just
bitten the bullet back then.

AF always comes up whenever other photographers look at Leica. Maybe it's
another rationale people use when they discover the lenses ARE worth the
cost. Granted, AF is very useful at times. But listening to the naysayers
you'd think it was impossible to ever get a properly focused image without
AF.  (Was there even photography before AF?) Perhaps with an AF camera it
is nearly impossible. I has the pleasure of shooting an F100 with an AF
lens while my buddy used my R7. I had a dickens of a time trying to us it
in manual mode. Maybe it was just me, but the lens felt loose. It was a
mid-range zoom, but I can't recall which one. I must say I really admire
the F100 body,  but I was glad to get my R7 back. I'm still hungry for an R8.

Dave

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!)
Reply from David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!)
Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> ([Leica] Aperture....)