Subject: Re: [Leica] New Noctilux
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:17:50 -0700

Rei

 >>i'm planning on  trying some color noctilux this weekend on a hayride or
other
autumn-related activity.<<

I recently had the need for some background images upon which I could place
text or use in transitions in a video series. I found out that I had very
few images of that type. Probably because I'm always so focused on scenics,
people, etc. So I went out and shot fall patterns. It was lots of fun and
the images are very useful. I just uploaded some Leica images I shot over
the  past two weeks. Here's  an example of an abstract pattern I'm now
keeping an eye out for .

http://www.lightcurves.com/leica/image1.htm

This was taken with a 50/2 R. I think a  Noct would be even better for this
type of pattern shooting.  BTW, I could have mocked up some backgrounds in
a graphic imaging program. But I like the natural look that only
photography can capture.   It's not something a person needs today, but you
never know. Autumn is the best time of year for capturing that sort of
thing and it only comes round once a year.

Dave