Subject: Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:48:50 -0400

Mark-
I agree with you, but you know as well as I that there are those out there
who have more money than they know what to do with, and these things might
fill a 'need' for someone who has 'everything'!
I can imagine that it would be nice to see how it was 'in the good ole days'
and use it- I am sure it would be quite a challenge for thoseof us who had
been spoile3d with meters, focusing tabs, rangefinders, and other miracles
of the Space Age! It would be nice to see how the ;other half' lived- though
for most of photography's history, there were NO meters, rangefinders, and
fancy gadgets to assist the photographer!
I certainly wouldn't want to do a lot in the field with a view camera and
wet plates, but the "0" would be nice to try, and if money was not a
concern, it would look nice next to its more modern brethren.
If I had MY druthers, I'd like to get a Model A sometime, with the little
'hockey stick' bracket, and just a VF in good shape, and play with that... I
liked to camp too, but I did use a tent! I refused to get 'too primative'!!
I bet that would make a good Reality Based Program- Like the Survivor
programs. Give a group of photographers a Leica "0". some film, a few bucks,
drop them off in some place out beyond East Guam or Hootchiekootchiestan,
and give them the task of getting back home with the most interesting
photos!!!
I would wacth that!!
Dan ( Say, is that a Gaboon Viper?) Post