Subject: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0
From: bampolsk@csc.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:35:05 -0400

OK, ladies and gents,  It's been a while since I lurked on this list, and
even longer since I posted anything.  So, now I have an interesting
problem.  I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new gorgeous Leica 0.
I'd really like to buy it.  But, I've never bought a camera for the sake of
collecting (my kit includes an M6TTL, an M5, an M2 and a Leicaflex SL).  On
the one hand, I really love this camera; on the other hand, the chances of
actually using it are slim to none (ok, maybe I'd run a couple of rolls
through for giggles just to see what Leica enthusiasts circa 1924 had to
deal with).  In short, it is likely to live in its box, perhaps to be
brought out occasionally for the sole purpose of paying homage to Oscar
Barnack.  Maybe eventually, I'd even buy a glass case for it.  But!!  The
idea of buying a camera simply to collect it really doesn't compute for me.
Does anyone have any good reasons why or why not to buy this beauty?  Other
than that I love it  of course.

Regards,

Brian

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0)