Subject: Re: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?
From: "Rob McClure" <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:31:12 -0400

Hello,

This past weekend I flew out to Scottsdale, AZ for a business trip which
included a car tour through Sedona and Flagstaff.  The area is overflowing
with great roads and photo ops.  The highlight, though, was a trip through
Winslow, AZ on old route 66.  Many original (vacant) motels and diners are
in the area.  Of course there is the famous "corner" in Winslow, which the
Eagles sang about in "Taking it Easy" (...standing on a corner in Winslow,
Arizona ...).  The gem, was La Posada, an original Harvey House hotel/
restaurant,  which is being renovated.  This hotel was one of many fine
establishments operated by the Harvey chain along the Santa Fe railroad.
The Charles Lindbergh's honeymooned there and many Hollywood stars stayed
over.  John Wayne stayed at La Posada while shooting a movie.  I'd highly
recommend it, along with about everything else in Arizona.  One photo op
after another, compared to here in Ohio.

Rob McClure