Subject: Re: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:41:16 -0700

There are a few parts of the original Route 66 still extant. One of them
takes off I-40 south of Kingman, AZ and winds up and over some mountains and
drops down to meet the Colorado River, and I-40, across the river from
Needles.

It's a neat road. We stopped and saw wild donkeys wandering down the road.
It's very winding, takes a couple hours, and gives a sense of what Rt 66 was
like.

In the north-west corner of New Mexico is a perfect volcanic cinder cone.
It's a national monument and wroth a look.

There is just so much to see in the South Western United States that its
hard to know. But I've seen hoar frost on the desert north of Flagstaff that
was breathtaking.

Take your time. Wander. The textures are grand. The colors can be vivid,
subtle, all at the same time.

Santa Fe, Taos are wonderful as well.

Geesh - I'm excited! I'm driving to Santa Fe for one of the Santa Fe
Workshops in February. Now I wish I were going tomorrow...

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Rob McClure" <mcclure@udata.com> (Re: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?)
Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?)