Subject: Re: [Leica] re: trip to d.c.
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:34:14 -0700

The new Roosevelt memorial is quite moving with lots of different textures -
a great place to shoot.

Not in the mall, and not an easy walk, there's a statue called "The
Emergence" that is striking. I'll have to ask my son about how to get to it.

The National Zoo is off the Metro. It is wooded, has some interesting
terrain, and fine vistas.

There is a tram that runs around the mall, you can get on and off at will.
It's expensive but if the weather is bad you'll be glad you invested in it.

This past summer my XO fromo the PARCHE was in Washington with his family.
The decided it would be great to start the morning of the 4th of July at
Arlington, then the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, and the
Jefferson Memorial. My XO's brother had died in Vietnam and his grandson,
who bears his brother's name found his name on The Wall.

So they were at the Jefferson Memorial when this group of dark-suit clad men
begin moving people away: Secret Service. Someone asks if his group would
like to stay and they say yes. Half an hour later the President and the
First Lady arrive, meet them, a secret service agent takes their pocket
camera and snaps a darn GOOD picture of them all with President.

Amazing.

Adam Bridge