Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica pictures - first public viewing
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:30:44 +0200

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for coming out!

I have some comments on each portfolio:

> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=144041

Many nice images, but some sloppy editing--for example, you have the identical
picture of the dead tree twice. Also, in a portfolio one expects some common
theme, and I do not immediately see the connection between landscapes from the
California coast and praying Jews at the Wailing Wall. Do not get me wrong, I
like the images, but I just do not think they belong together.

> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=157063

In this portfolio you do have the common theme, and again some nice images and
some so-so ones. I know that it is hard to be one's own editor, but I would
replace some of these pictures with closeups of the participants and pictures of
the watching crowd (I assume there was one), if you have such shots.

Again, I do mean to be overly critical, but you did ask for honest feedback,
didn't you...I learn when people criticize my submissions, perhaps more than
from the praise, although the latter is obviously more emotionally satisfying.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland