Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan ACROS 100...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:52:31 -0700

Dan States wrote:

> While I would not say it is bad film, I did find it no better than average
> for the 100 asa b&w group.  Grain is good, when used with d76. It is
> possible to vary the contrast of the print dramatically to the hard side
><Snip>
> >
> >...is a colossal disappointment.  Stick to TMX.  Maybe more on this when I
> >cool down a little bit.
> >
> >Dante
> >
> >--

Dan And Dante are agin the ACROS while from all other areas we are barraged with
nothing but raves on the stuff.
I have 6 rolls of it on my light table waiting for cutting and stuffing which i
ran at the end of the week and the most gorgeous negs I've ever seen. I already
bought another brick of it in 35 and 120 as well.
I shot 12 rolls of Neopan 1600 and 6 of the 100 on my  4,696 mile road trip to
San Antonio the first two weeks of this month.

In Xtol 1:3 the Neopan as always yields GORGEOUS negs. And this new 100 ACROS
stuff is something else again. If they print like they look at all with my
Loupes I'll be out of the Delta business...
As I'm going to try the Neopan 400 and so probably make the switch completely
away from Ilford Delta and to Fuji Neopan.

But if the ACROS does not test definitely better than Pan F  I'll be stocking
and shooting lots of that stuff again.

It may be that even in Xtol a medium speed film can not relace a slow speed
film. And Pan F is the only one left.
I found that the Delta 100 did not replace Pan F when you make 16x20's. I hope
Ilford does not phase out the pan F.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA