Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan ACROS 100...
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:16:55 -0500

Mark R wrote:
>As I'm going to try the Neopan 400 and so probably make the switch completely
>away from Ilford Delta and to Fuji Neopan.

I'm waiting for the 400 speed Acros - now that should be something!
Don't much care for Neopan 400 though.

For me the very best 35mm 400 B&W film is XP2, T400CN close second, then
Delta 400. If you can live with the scratches that result from poor
handling in minilabs, its hard if not impossible to beat the first 2
films at 400. I've tried lots of different developer/film/technique
combinations this year and can't equal XP2. Close but not quite. Of
course the C41 negs won't last forever but boy they are good right now!

I've only shot a little of Acros and find it to be a great film.
I like that its got a little different spectral characteristics.
Kind of a light yellow filter built in.

What is it about Acros that Dante and Dan don't like?
What's the story guys?

Henry

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Neopan ACROS 100...)