Subject: [Leica] Re: Clear Plastic Tape on M6 Base
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:22:39 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I get a kick out of these threads.  Yes, the M6 RF patch "flares" more than
the M3/2/4.  It's also brighter, and the RF is simpler....but just as accurate
and reliable.  As I've been chastised for mentioning in the past, the M6 finder
 eliminated the
easy vertical adjustment, which I don't agree with.  But it is IS brighter
than my M4, and just as accurate, AND it flares SLIGHTLY more....just
move you eye a tiny bit!!!.....

Like Ted, if it don't affect the pictures, or make the camera unreliable
or unusable, who cares?....I have had many of both, and it was NEVER a
"photographic" problem...just a difference.   The RF alignment on the
M6 is JUST as good as the previous cameras....ONCE IT'S ADJUSTED!!!!
(whether they come that way or not...HEHEHEHE>)

Walt