Subject: Re: [Leica] re clear plastic tape
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:29:13 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Ted/BD/all,

I once read a paragraph in a Feininger book ("The Complete Photographer")
about the "qualifications" of a photographer.  I recall that one of the
qualifications was "a capacity to 'handle' photographic equipment."  Feininger
felt that some "personalities" were destructive to photographic tools
in general, and might have problems because of this.....he also added that
other folks, usually "amateurs", tended to OVER protect their gear, with
the never-ready case, caps, etc...and NEVER got around to making their
picture because they couldn't "expose" their valuable equipment to normal
use.  I recall (from 20 years ago) that Feininger considered EITHER malady
to be a handicap to the potential photographer, and he seemed to think that
these were inherent tendencies, NOT just behaviors.......interesting....

In today's enlightened, we might even call them "illnesses".....!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :)

WAlt