Subject: Re: [Leica] re: R7 vs RTS II
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:27:32 +0200

le 13.10.2001 3:19, Craig a écrit :

> I have an opportunity to keep either an R7 or a Contax RTSII to compliment
> my M's. Do any of you have experience with both cameras and an opinion on
> which is more desirable? I will test them both myself, but I thought some of
> you might provide added insight. Also, any opinions on the 80 Summilux vs.
> the German 85 1.4 planar? Or the older German Zeiss 180 2.8 Sonnar vs. the
> 180 2.8 elmarit type 2?
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Craig

I owned a RTSII and I really loved that camera. I had the 85/2.8, 50/1.4 and
the 28/2.8. I did have the 18/4 for some time.
The only complaint I had at that time was the lack of spotmetering - that is
why I switched to Leica R.
I have the 80/1.4 - it's a wonderful lens, I don't know about the 180/2.8
type 2 - I upgraded from type I to type III(Apo) directly...

Tarek