Subject: [Leica] argh follow-up
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:31:13 -0500

I appreciate the support of so many of you.

Henry Ambrose, dear that he is, sent me the following link and I urge
you all to bookmark it in the event you have a situation such as I found
myself in today. They are a remarkable company and superbly professional
in trying to help in nightmares such as mine.

http://www.recover98.com/filerecovery.asp

I worked for over 2 hours with a tech support man, Dave, who tried like
the devil to get my old files back. And indeed, we did get them but they
were too corrupted to be read by any of the versions of Photoshop that I
have (3), ACDSee and several other image editing programs on my machine.

I have now given up hope of recovery and begin the long process of
cross-referencing my archived files against my damaged ones to see which
must be built up by Altamira Genuine Fractals (an excellent program, by
the way) and which must be rescanned and worked again by hand.

Some days all you can say is life's a bitch...

Thanks to all you who are sharing my pain.
Lea

- --
Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press