Subject: [Leica] re: R7 vs RTS II
From: Yoshihiro Sasaki <hiro@sasaki.cc>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:19:28 +0900

Hi,

I currently use Leica R6.2 and CONTAX RTSII.
In my opinion, Both are fine camera but R6.2 is better regarding build
quality. I feel mechanical precision on R6.2
Both view finder is big enough for manual focus but RTSII is better
regarding this.
However, RTSII lacks spot meter. R6.2 has very good spot meter(R7 must
be same).

Speaking of R7, you will get a half step shutter speed selection.
And please remember RTSII lacks manufacture support from Kyocera.

I own R80/1.4 and I have used P85/1.4 for short period. I like R80 for
overall image quality, however, R80 costs much more.
I have never used R180/2.8. I recommend you to get R180 F3.4Apo. This is
a good lens.

Hope this help you,

Hiro

LeicaR page;