Subject: Re: [Leica] Clear Plastic Tape (now Camera destruction)
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:38:26 -0500

Feli, I think I found a better product than gaffers tape for this.
When I bought my little Leica CL, it had a ding on the end near the
winder.  It did not affect operation, but after a few days, I noticed
that when you pick the camera up by the strap, since it has end lugs,
the motion causes the camera to "clunk" on a hard surface.

I tried to break that habit, by picking the camera by the body, but it
happened several times.

I finally went to the hardware store, and bought a foot of rubber
stair tread.  It already has adhesive.  I cut it to fit the ends of
the camera, and problem solved!   I painted the gray rubber with a
sharpie, but it wears off.  No matter, my handsome little CL has a few
battle scars, but she don't go "thunk" anymore!

I think it would also do well on the base plate of a camera, and keep
it from slipping on a tripod as well!

Here's a picture of the arrangement:
http://www.sonc.com/cl.jpg

Regards,