Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: Leica MR4 meter
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:15:45 -0400

Chandos-
I might suggest what I did when I used one- I bought a non-working one in
decent looking shape, sent it to Quality Light Metric and let George, or the
young lady there- I guess she is the Sorcerer's Apprentice do their thing,
and the over all cost was a lot less than getting a working one! It seems
working ones go at a premium with some collectors, non-working ones don't
and very few people realize that they can be repaired relatively easily. The
most expensive repair they ever did for me was a M meter, but it had
extensive corrosion, and it was still only about $80, and the meter had been
given to me!
I know that sounds like a lot, but I later sold the meter for almost $200
(it was nice cosmetically!), so it might be worth considering, since you
seem to be one of these underpaid academics!! ( I had a history professor in
college who would regale us with tales of his early years, in a cold
unheated apartment, eating beans from a can, and riding only a bicycle to
work!)
Dan ( sometimes I can get serious!) Post