Subject: Re: [Leica] Clear Plastic Tape on M6 Base
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:39:57 -0700

Mark Ritter wrote:
>>Did I read a while back that there was a source for the clear protective
tape that comes applied to new M bodies?

Just bought a used M6 that has had the tape removed and thought I'd see if
someone has it pre-cut before I tried to fashion my own.<<<<

Jacques Bilinski responded:
>>> Maybe Ted Grant might know of a good source  :) <<<<<<<

And Ted said! ;-)  A few unrepeatable words about plastic and Jacques wild
sense of humour! :-)

Offering this sage and wise advice. ;-) The little piece of plastic on the
base plate is only there to impress the purchaser, serves no practical
purpose for picture taking and should be immediately discarded upon the
first film loading! Unless one is going to hammer nails with the bottom of
their M6!

What the hell would anyone want to tape up the base plate of a perfectly
good camera?  Just leave the damn thing alone, go take pictures!

Or if one is concerned about some teeny scratch or so, take the base plate
off, put it in a comfy storage place in the bank deposit box, then attach a
Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder and get on with the life of taking pictures!
Unless that's not the reason one buys a Leica M6.

Jacques old buddy I thought I should tell you, ;-)  Sorry, I don't have a
source for the plastic tape. However, you do know how to get the old guy in
a twist. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant