Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Vertical Alignment at Infinity
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:10:50 -0700

Dan Khong wrote:
>>>My Leica M6, when focussed with various lenses at inifinity, seem to have
> >the two images falling just short of superimposing. If the lenses could
> >turn just another 1 or 2 degrees, the alignment would have been perfect.
> >
> >Is it always necesary to recalibrate the M6 or have any of you used a
> >camera in such a situation without any problems in sharpness?<<<

Hi Dan,
I think I've had one of my M6 range finders off a little for about twenty
years and I suppose I got used to it! Hell when something like this goes
haywire I pay it no never mind and keep shooting as long as everything still
keeps coming up sharp and smelling like roses! ;-)

I haven't noticed any loss of sharpness at any focus point whether the 90
wide open or the Noctilux at f 1.0, and as long the lenses keep delivering
sharp images where I focus no one will play with my cameras. :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant