Subject: RE:[Leica] Image Stabilization revolutionises telephoto available light?)
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:55:17 +0200

"Without casting aspersions on those who find the automatic features useful,
I also found that fussing over the various modes and devising tricks to
overcome their shortcomings or to verify their correct operation made
photography more difficult and less enjoyable than using a manual-only
camera."

Doug

It's merely a question of habit. I can easily change my mind when changing
from a autofocus Nikon F5 to a all manual Leica M6 and work on the
hiperfocal basis. I can change from large format Linhof to the tiny Ricoh
Gr1. Some behaviour as that the insertion point of the lens is different
takes some seconds. Opposite clockwise Nikon vs Canon. I do not fear the LCD
screens nor Auto everything but I can go back to everything manual
inmediatly. My Volvo has automatic operating everything but my wife`s
Renault is manual geared. Not a problem again. Beeing born in the first half
of last century I try to keep my brain OK. Not always easy...

Kind regards

Félix