Subject: re: [Leica] Flash attachment for M3
From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:41:26 +0000

>Included in the bag was an original flash unit - fanfold, and
>connector. I am now wondering if the Leica SF-20 will work on an
>M3. Probably not, is my guess. Any suggestions for other
>arrangments?

   All but two of the few times I've used flash on a Leica it has
been with an M3. I've always used my trusty Vivitar 283 and it
has worked fine.

   However, IMHO, generally flash is unnecessary with Leicas if
you use ASA 400 or faster film. Without that mirror flopping
around in there, you really CAN hold the camera steady at very
slow shutter speeds. I also hate the look of most flash pictures,
but I suppose that's a religious issue best avoided.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad@mindspring.com