Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:counting sprocket holes? (Cutting film)
From: Howard Sanner <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:29:32 -0400

>As far as I know before WWII Leica itself manufactured - and
>marketed - a special device for trimming the film evenly so it
>doesn't
>engage itself against the pressure plate. Isn't any of them around
>anymore??

	This is the ABLON template. They are still around. They cost
around $100, from what I can see. This is fine for collectors and
the rich, but for those of us who just like to use the cameras,
scissors, knives, and, in an emergency, teeth work just as well.

	In sum, I'm too cheap to buy an ABLON.

					Howard Sanner
					flagstad@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> ([Leica] aperature values)