Subject: RE: [Leica] college nonsense
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:05:24 -0400

Reminds me of two occasions in Rhodes Hall, my high-rise dorm at
Virginia Commonwealth University during the early 80's.  Same sort of
deal; the guys on our rugby and soccer teams were mostly on the 17th
floor with me and others.  All sorts of stupid tricks, stunts, noise and
unruliness, as well as real aggressive horseplay.

3 days after I moved to a quieter area of the dorm, a visitor playing a
game of pickup football with the rugby players on the 17th floor fell to
his death when he crashed through the elevator doors while catching a
long bomb.

2 weeks after I left the dorm altogether [same year], the rugby players
had an end-of-semester party that virtually destroyed much of the 17th
floor and resulted in over $50,000 worth of damage to the walls,
fixtures, ceiling and carpeting.  No one would squeal on the
troublemakers so the everyone was assessed for the damages.  Because I
left just before the troubles, I did not have to pay anything.

/Mitch Zeissler