Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo organizational and scanning software
From: "Roy Zartarian" <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:31:01 -0400

Well, you asked for suggestions, so here's mine.

I'm not certain what you mean by archiving, but for your other
requirements:
for scanning, Ed Hamrick's Vuescan;
for organization and slide show preparation, Jasc Media Center
Plus 3.

Information about these programs as well as evaluation versions
are at:
http://www.hamrick.com
http://www.jasc.com

Total cost for the real versions is under US$100.

I used the Media Center application a few months ago to do a slide
show on birds and birding.  It works on the basis of albums which
contain thumbnails of the images selected for the album and
pointers to the actual image files.  It permits drop and drop
resequencing, and slide changes can either set to a fixed interval
or done manually

Roy