Subject: [Leica] Canadian/US relationship
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:44:44 -0400

Bonjour,

  Regarding the recent rambling about the fact that the US is alone and
has no support from other countries when it is in need.  Now, I may not
be one individual who could be qualified as a true all canadian patriot,
however I will say that regarding Canada  it seems that sometimes some of
our american friends have a rather short memory span.

  Simply remember 1980 in Iran.  It is clearly the Canadian ambassador to
that country who directly helped (risking his own life) in the protection
and release of many US citizen hostages.  Don t you remember the TV
footage showing Jimmy Carter speaking to Joe Clark to thank him and
almost litterately kissing his feet?  Only a couple of hours after the
event, drivers whose car bore a Canadian license plate, driving in the
US, were served free gas and free food, typical of US citizens enthusiasm

  The US has friends and Canada has many time stood besides her in time
of need.

  Now where is that old Canadian fart Ted when you need him?

  Tata,

  Robert (Unchevalier sans blason)
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.