Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaless !
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

I bought my e Tri-Elmar about two years ago. It's the first model.
It did not "click" into position all times. I say this is a defect.
At photokina  Leica introduced the new model which clicks in all the time.
I would say that this means the earlier model has a defect. SO I
handed my older model to Leica at photokina and asked them to
fix it. They tried to give it back to me, as is, by explaining that
this is not a defect, but an improvement in the new model. I refused the
lens and walked away. They "adjusted" the "non-defect" defect and
shipped it back to me in New York through Leica in New Jersey.
They tried to stiff me for duty, but I had bought the lens
in the U.S. and duty had been paid by Leica before they sold the
lens. After a hassel, I didn't pay the duty and have the first
version tri-elmar, without the "non-d fefect" defect.
That's my story. Ed