Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's picture of Week 35
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:16:43 -0700

At 5:53 PM -0500 9/5/01, Steve LeHuray wrote:
>  > This week's shot is a typical Leica picture: low light, fast lens, fast
>>  film, no flash, the subjects unaware of being photographed. These are
>>  two of my co-workers in a bar, shot with the M3 and 50mm Summilux on
>>  Delta 3200. Exposure was f1.4 at either 1/30 or 1/60 sec.
>>
>>  http://www.wajsman.com/35.jpg
>>
>>  The full PAW index is at
>>
>>  http://www.wajsman.com/
>>
>>  and comments are always welcome and appreciated.
>>
>  > Nathan
>  >

I think the shot is great. The ambience is what makes it, and a
certain amount of recognition of the background is needed to make it
work. It could possibly have benefitted from the shot being taken
slightly closer but that is all the improvement I can see, and it is
both marginal and questionable.

The comment about the Summilux being better under all condition is
true, except for one very important condition. f/1. That can be all
the difference.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design