Subject: Re: [Leica] couple more 360 pans
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:08:28 -0700

At 2:56 PM -0400 9/6/01, Johnny Deadman wrote:
>on 9/6/01 3:00 PM, Guy Bennett at gbennett@lainet.com wrote:
>
>>  I personally like the unusual format. For some reason or other, it draws my
>>  eye and makes me want to explore what's happening *across* the image,
>>  implying a kind of linearity that I don't generally feel when looking at
>>  35mm shots. Maybe I'm just so used to the 2 to 3 ratio of 35mm that I don't
>>  even consider the format, I just unconsciously attempt to apprehend the
>>  image in a single, concentrated viewing. With these shots, my eye travels.
>
>when you see them enlarged, the effect is amazing. There is extraordinary
>detail in the picture, because so many images are combined together. It
>looks like large format.
>--
>John Brownlow
>
>http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

A couple of times I've done 360 panoramas for developers of new
buildings from construction tower cranes with a Noblex 150 (6x12
image size on 120 film). Three of these Noblex images make a 360.
They were then enlarged onto 40" high paper, joined and made into a
circle (about 6' in diameter) with the image on the inside. The whole
thing was then suspended, so that the viewer ducked under an edge and
stood up and viewed the image from the center. When you viewed the
image exactly from the center, the image 'popped' into reality almost
like when you get a 3D image lined up. Your eyes/mind then scanned
and made sense of the curved lines.

The images were the views that prospective purchasers/tenants would
have from the building at the selected floor level.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com