Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC's Pic a week 35
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:06:55 -0700

"SonC (Sonny Carter)" wrote:

> My Photo A Week #35 is up.  For the second straight week it has no
> (visible) people.   I've been playing with a nice little Tamron
> (yikes!) zoom, and since the price was certainly right (free) and the
> performance is pretty good, it was my choice of glass.   I believe the
> lens was set at about 90mm for this shot.
>
> http://www.sonc.com/paw/mollys.htm
>
> My Picture A Week index is at:
> http://www.sonc.com/paw/
>
> Comments are always welcome.
>
> Regards.
>
> SonC
> http://www.sonc.com
>
> "You can't always get what you want, but if you try,
> sometimes you might just find you can get what you need."
> The Stones

I don't know - - even at screen size as it is it is frustratingly soft.
Big lackluster highlights and brittle bokeh.
I see death as hard and sharp not soft.
A backlit shot with a cheap zoom lens on a Leica body does your dead pet deserve better?
Why not go back maybe with a tripod and shoot it with a fixed focal length lens?
Maybe even a Leica lens god forbid?
For me this stands out as by far your worst shot on your whole page.
If you're going to put a cheap zoom lens on your Leica body  it's better you
don't even tell us untill later.
Then when we all say how great it is you can go "SEE! I knew i didn't really
have to waste money on this LEICA CRAP!"
I'm glad i flat out refuse to shoot with cheap glass any more.
Life's too short.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA