Subject: RE: [Leica] SERVICE! - now Werra
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:51:11 EDT

I, too, owned a Werra - it was a Werra 1 and I had it about 35 years ago. I remember it fondly. It was green and chrome instead of the normal black and chrome and, unlike Tims fathers, had a fixed Tessar 50mm lens. To wind the film you twisted a collar around the base of the lens mounting. It was quite a fast method of working and did not seem strange at all. This was in my very amateur days and I remember taking the lens apart because there was a speck of paint in between the elements. It never was the same again but I sold it to a girlfriend at the time. I often wonder where she and the camera are now.

Thanks, you bought back some happy memories. I saw one for sale recently in a secondhand shop and nearly bought it but it was not the same as my old one, so I left it on the shelf.

Gerry

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@charter.net> ([Leica] Werra)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Werra)