Subject: RE: [Leica] SERVICE! - now Werra
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:51:01 -0600

> the moment, and I have a Werra 3 and a Praktica FX which need

WOW Mark - a Werra! I can't remember the last time I heard about one of
those (but now I think about it you would be the guy!).

My dad had a Werra  and two lenses (love that weird shutter cocking action).
Actually it's a story that still leaves me feeling a little sad... When I
was very young my dad had an M3 (so the Leica bug was planted very young...
as well as the photo bug - my father is a very keen photographer). At one
point I recall times being very tough, but after about 18 months the whole
family took a vacation to cheer us all up and have a fun time. I remember
walking along the beach with my dad (I was about 10) and he pulled out this
funny looking black and chrome camera to take some pictures (the Werra). I
asked where his good camera was and he said it was gone - he had to sell it.
And I realised where the holiday had come from...

He never did get a another Leica (he's blind in one eye now and uses an AF
Minolta). But he continued to get Leica Fotografie for years - which I used
to devour regularly.

Tim A