Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas and insurance
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:20:00 -0400

I was actually lucky when I had some camera gear stolen.   I had a 2nd hand
M4-P with a 2nd hand 90mm tele-elmarit mounted on it, along with a 20 year
old Minolta SRT-101 anda few other cheap lenses stolen from my apartment a
few years back.  I followed the insurance companies intructions and had
everything appraised (replacement value) by a local camera dealer.  The
insurers wouldn't give me cash to replace the stolen goods, but did agree
to apply the total value of everything stolen  towards the purchase of a
new M6 (and a new 90 TE).  I think on paper I  made money on the deal,
considering what I actually paid for all the stolen stuff.  Fourteen years
later I still have the M6 (and the TE), and don't miss the M4-P at all.

dan c.