Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas and insurance
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:03:39 +0200 (MEST)

The unfair part of it is that insurance companies depreciate the value
of gear insured, but not the value of the annual premium. In this
particular case we however do not talk about a special camera
insurance, but coverage as part of some kind of home insurance.

I had my Leica gear insured for two or three years for traveling
worldwide, but at an annual premium of almost 3% of the gear's
procurement cost. Since nothing happened and I don't need my Leica
stuff for bread earning I finally cancelled the insurance.

Hans-Peter