Subject: Re.: [Leica] Replace vulcanite
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:44:47 +0200 (MEST)

"My" independent, but ex-Leica repairman did a decent job in replacing
my M3's vulcanite by the current vinyl which of of course may degrade
collector's value. I however had to use an extra drop of super-glue to
fix a corner on the back door where the vinly has lifted up. Apparently
the glue used for repair jobs as well "consumer" grade glue available
in regular shops is not of the same quality as the stuff used in the
factory for assembling new items, throughout all industries. Another
possibility is that only new parts have a perfect surface which is a
precondition for good adhesion.

Hans-Peter