Subject: Re: Re.: [Leica] Replace vulcanite
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@drexel.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:28:39 -0400

I was under the impression that 'new' leatherette (vinyl) is self-adhesive.
The new stuff I got for one of my olympus SLR's is at least.

I called several repair shops and they advised me NOT to use glue, and said
they use a double sided tape made by 3M.  Older leather was glued, but
synthetic should be removable in the future for repairs.

Mike

on 8/16/01 3:44 AM, Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de at