Subject: Re: [Leica] lense is indeed an acceptable spelling of lens...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:39:22 -0700

Mike Quinn wrote:

> My compact OED claims that the two words come from different roots:
> Lens from lenticular (bean shaped) and lense from elensed (cleaned).
> My wife's Concise OED and my American Heritage Dictionary recognize only
> "Lens". Zpersonally, I never did like the Merriam Webster, but I don't
> really see the problem. People from British cultures (like my wife) do all
> sorts of strange and endearing things....
>
> Mike Quinn

Sometimes i spell it Lenzz.
Someones house may be dirty; but mentioning it is a far worse breach of etiquette.
I'm sure some great Leica photographers are not particularly literate people.
Somehow possibly more visual than verbal. What a coincidence!
Some may be VERY not particularly literate people.
I'd rather have them here than some anal grammarian who has no concept of what
Leica photography is all about.

Mark Rabiner

You've seen my stuff when i forget to spell check it. Its bad enough when i DO
spell check it! I'm glad people give me a break around here there are some
things i can do, some i can't.

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/