Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm f/2.0 purchase
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:31:30 -0700

Mark Pope wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I thought the current collapsable lens was a f2.8, not f2.  There was a 50mm
> f2 in screw mount I believe.  I am sure that the experts on the LUG will be
> able to give more information.
> FWIW, I didn't think that the f2.8 collapsable gave much advantage over the
> f2 in terms of compactness.  Plus, I found that the f2 just felt 'right'.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Regards
>
> Mark Pope

My wife Karen has the new 50mm collapsible 2.8 also called the Elmar and it
makes for an impressively compact package. Less of a big deal I'd think if you
were used to carrying around a pre Asph 35mm Summicron with no lens hood… which
may be here next lens.
My next lens may be the 50mm collapsible 2.8 Elmar

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

What did the Rabbi say to the Pope?...