Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop 5 LE files darker than they look
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 15:02:09 -0700

On Tue, 21 August 2001, "Mxsmanic" wrote:

> It's interesting that anyone here would worry about paying $600 for the full
> version of Photoshop when most of them have dropped 3-4 times as much for each
> of several Leica lenses that they probably own, not to mention the camera
> bodies.  You're likely to get more use out of Photoshop than out of any one lens

Anthony,

How long will that $600 worth of software be usable?  A year, maybe two, before "upgrades" become nessesary?  And where did you get the idea that "most" of us spend 3-4 times as much for each of several lenses?  My most expensive lens was about twice the cost of Photoshop.  Amortized over 21 years (so far), the annualized cost of my lenses is much less that the typical annualized cost of using the full version of Photoshop.

I don't have a problem with people finding ways to reduce the cost of stuff that depreciates as rapidly as software does.  We're not all wealthy.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe