Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop 5 LE files darker than they look
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:45:03 -0500

Peter wrote:

> My issue with LE is that so many people says it's "all
most people
> need."  And while LE is bundled with scanners, etc., it
also is a
> product Adobe used to sell for $99.00, a similar price to
other "full"
> products.

Peter, I never met anyone who paid for a copy of Photoshop
LE.  It always was intended as a bait product.  For some
people it is plenty.  If it is not enough for you, then I
suggest buying the real thing as cheaply as you can find.
As I suggested before, a recent version will cost you far
less, and if you can buy it at an educational rate, Version
6 will be less than US $200

All these work-arounds just make life hard.   I can't
imagine wasting time opening and closing programs and saving
partially finished stuff because I'm mad at a company for
not making their free version as full featured as their real
version.

Take up woodcarving.  X-acto knife upgrades only cost three
dollars. :>D

Regards,
SonC