Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop edit darker than it looks
From: "stephen holloway" <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 12:09:15 +0200

"Peter A. Klein" wrote:

>                              ... Does anyone know how to set PS 5 LE
> preferences so that it doesn't change how colors and brightnesses are
> displayed on the monitor, in other words, so it just uses the Windows
> settings without messing with them?
>
> Right now I just want to have PS show things exactly the way my Browser
> (and all other apps) show them, so I can put stuff on the Web easily.

I use PS 5 LE. As far as I know there's no way to adjust the monitor
gamma. When LE saves the image it drops the gamma by 0.82 (PC to Mac).
So if you raise the gamma (midpoint setting in the levels tool) by 1.22,
it will look correct (Do this in 16 bit mode).

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos