Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 correction lens now lithium batteries
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:34:57 -0400

While my first statement was anecdotal in nature,  i.e. tech reps saying
don't use them when there is no conflict of profit.  In other words, I
understand why manufacturers won't advise using someone else's lens or flash
on their camera but saying don't use a battery that is a third lighter,
works something over twice as long, and makes your product useable at -20C
without some very good reason?  However, when one of my cameras locked up
when trying the lithium batteries I put the issue to rest.

However, you have made me curious again so I visited the technical pages at
energizer.com.  Buried in their tech pages on the L91 was a table showing
the  open circuit voltage of the L91 is 0.2 volts higher than the alkaline
equivalent.  It also has a very different discharge curve under varying
loads.  Last, I was musing about the very different performance of fresh
developers versus replenished.  In a commercial lab fresh developer
overdevelops versus control so you have to add a developer starter, mostly a
bromine restrainer, to mimic used developer.  The analogy I'm making is that
until byproducts develop the output exceeds the "norm".

Now that I'm not running any camera's that won't use either the lithium's or
the NiMH rechargeable's that's it for me.  I'm going to take Ted's advice
and take more pictures. :)) Bye Bye

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 correction lens)