Subject: Re: [Leica] wide R
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:07:39 -0400

From my own arsenal the mid 21 Super-Angulan that doesn't require lockup is
a mighty fine lens.  It doesn't have huge quantities of contrast but it does
produce a very nice crisp image on the newer E-6 films or B&W.  Any of the
28's are very nice, the newer the nicer.  Any of the 35's are very good
indeed.  I use the first 35 Summicron pretty heavily when I'm in SLR mode.
Gosh, did you notice that no one has mentioned the orphan 24?

Best value?  In the sort of wide world a user Super Angulan.  If you would
probably use the 15 Heliar on an M when you feel wide then probably the
first generation 28 would be available for the best combination of price and
performance.  Since you already have a 50 then the 35 might be too close and
one or the other would become a shelf orphan.

Just more thoughts to weigh

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com