Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: hero worship
From: "Michael Gardner" <mlgardner99@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:48:14 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Nemeth" <azn@nemeng.com>

| Which is why I am always uneasy about the (let's be frank about it)
| fawning which goes on w.r.t. HCB or Salgado.  Every time you see one
| of "their" images, you are really looking at the work of often unamed
| technicians.  After all, any moron in monkey-cam-mode can click-click-
| click and strike heroic photographer-like poses... it takes a true
| visual artist however (working alone in a darkroom or with a scanner)
| to turn a B&W or colour negative into a final magnificent image.

Good point!  But I do believe I hear the sounds of apoplexy
echoing through the LUG! You've lanced a sacred cow (or two).
:-)

Mike Gardner

"If you are not sure what just happened, don't be the only one smiling"
- -Red Green

Replies: Reply from "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: hero worship)