Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W print processes.
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 18:31:31 -0400

on 8/12/01 5:02 PM, Mxsmanic at mxsmanic@hotmail.com wrote:

> Does Cone's system void the Epson warranty?

no

> And how do you switch between
> their black-and-white and normal color?

2 printers

also despite the steep initial investment the actual ink costs are MUCH
lower than the equivalent Epson cartridges if you go with the continuous
inking system.

there has been interesting discussion on the digital bw print list recently
about MIS inks v. Cone inks, but the Cone system has the distinct advantage
of total ease of use... just export the image to the piezography driver and
out comes a print.  I've had the Cone system a year now and couldn't imagine
working without it.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com