Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W print processes.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:23:34 -0400

Basically you don't - switch between their b&w and color...you have a
printer dedicated for b&w...up till now the two choices have been the
1160, which is what I use, and the 3000 - judging by the posts from the
Piezo group, people seem to have more trouble with the 3000, but the
1160 is now discontinued, although I gather there are still few, either
new or refurbed, around...

As to the warranty - using the Piezo software shouldn't void the
warranty....nor, from what people say, does using the Piezo carts,
although I have no idea what the lawyers say - so please don't try to
start a debate...I know that I got something called the CIS - continuous
inking system - which replaces the color cart in the 1160 and allows you
to use four-ounce bottles of ink feeding the cart through little
silastic tubes...I had a problem that had nothing to do with the carts,
and Epson sent me a new printer...so who knows...

Cone is, I gather, just about to come out with Piezo for the 1280, so
that's probably the way to go if you want a wide carridge printer....

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] B&W print processes.)
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] B&W print processes.)