Subject: Re: Re[4]: [Leica] Salgado
From: Greg Coan <gypsy@lxh.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 20:22:52 -0500

Mike Gil

Well another argument is that this is the point of photographs - to get
conversations and thinking going.  Mind you, I'm not defending Berger's
overtaking of the show, but if the photos are just supposed to be pretty
pictures they should hang on a wall in a gallery and stared at.  Salgado's
own books are made to start discussions about worker conditions and
globalism.  So instead of berating Berger because you donšt like him, maybe
you can present a different view of the work.  Or maybe this isnt the forum
for that?

Greg