Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL questions
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:02:07 -0500

> > From: Bill Stanke
 3. Should I consider a Minolta CLE instead?

The only downsides I found with the CLE:

The TTL meter is only operational in Automatic. You set the
aperture, and the camera sets the shutter speed.  You have
no meter in manual.  (maybe a CV meter would be nice for
this problem)

The rangefinder was not terribly accurate with my 90
tele-elmarit f 2.8.   The camera has a 90mm f4 that is
specified for it,  but I already owned the 90.

Other than that, it was an entirely good experience.  I
would have kept it forever, except it was stolen.  I greived
over that loss, and used the insurance money to buy my
M6,( which lessened the pain.)

Regards,
SonC
http;//www.SonC.com